At 6, I built my first set--a gleaming aluminum outta-sight Space Ship with knobs that turned, dials that lit up, levers that pulled (clearly born with a drive for high production value).
My lifeblood is still designing sets, fabricating props, and thriving on the collaboration of filmmaking! A combination of wild imagination and practical sensibility lends itself perfectly to this industry. Historical research, developing color palettes, innovating solutions to meet any budget, managing a hard-working convivial crew -- the challenge of marrying the artistic and practical that comprises Art Department is my kind of fun.
My skills and ideas will realize your concepts in ways that make them pop. Like:
• Engineering Comcast a "living-room-on-wheels" talk show set stable and safe enough to tow on a flatbed through the hills of San Francisco
• Managing a crew of 10 to build a 8 set campy dictator's factory with German Expressionist & steampunk influences
• Constructing a functional bowling alley and hot tub spa inside a former submarine repair station
• Showcasing Oracle's security solutions by designing & fabricating a giant robotic Evil Eye of Data Breach
• Devising a system of modular elements for 8 quick-change studio sets, including dance club, posh restaurant, pop idol performance stage, & 70s disco
My other skills include custom artwork, preparing estimates, sourcing hard-to-find items, CAD renderings, location scouting, smoke & water effects, broad knowledge of 1920s-1970s American art and popular culture, and a knack for crafting just about anything you can dream up. I am resourceful, adaptable, easy to work with, take great pride in my work, and love my job. Let's make some movie magic together!